- Name Julia Held
- District Jamestown
- Title on Committee (if any) Vice-chair
- City/Town Jamestown
- State/Province RI
- ZIP/Postal Code 02835
- Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number 4014231005
- First Elected 05/19/2005
- Current Term Expiration 09/04/2016
Our district is very small. The benefits of that include providing our students with a personalized, high- quality education, and allowing for them to form close relationships with faculty, staff, and administrators.
1. Continuing to provide an excellent education while remaining fiscally responsible. 2. Continuing to use student performance data effectively. 3. Assessing strengths and weaknesses of our updated curricula.
- Yes, I would vote in favor of a policy requiring students to participate in state assessments.
The mechanics of online testing, especially for younger students, may ode some challenges that ought to be addressed, but I support the goals behind the Common Core standards.