- Name Joel Monteiro
- District East Providence
- City/Town East Providence
- State/Province RI
- ZIP/Postal Code 02914
- Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org
- First Elected 11/04/2012
- Current Term Expiration 11/30/2016
The sense of ownership. 40% of our teachers and staff live in the city. We care for each other’s children, and the future of our district.
Like many…funding. We have a teacher contract that is up for renewal in 2 yrs. We have capital improvements that need attention, as well as the need for more advanced programs for our thriving students.
- Other (please specify) I approved our policy, because while it is not mandated, we were told there were funds attached to testing that we definitely need.
- Other (please specify) Again, as long as funds are linked, I don’t know how any district can afford not to participate. I hate it.
I am against any testing that does not help the specific child that was tested. Let the teachers teach and assess, as they are the trained professionals.
Thank you for putting this together. I have two children in our district, and I trust our teachers to develop them into bright young adults. Keep funding in public schools, and there would be no need for charters, as we would have all the resources available. 😉